Every season, deciding what anime to watch is always a test of will and determination. Finding what you like is always important and giving things a chance is imperative to the process.
For the spring 2019 season, I have picked up five anime that I am enjoying this season. I’m going to go through them and do a short review on them.
Why The Hell Are You Here, Teacher
This anime will fulfill your requirement for a strange fringe anime that you know you probably shouldn’t be watching but you do anyways.
This anime follows four different student-teacher romances as they are developing. While not right, this anime uses the concept in a very nice way that doesn’t make it feel super wrong. It gets weird at times but has its cute moments. It does also get over the top a lot though with each episode seemingly more ridiculous than the last. I’m kind of into it though.
Wise Man’s Grandchild
This anime was supposed to fill the gap for people that are missing That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.
This one is just a typical Isekai. Guy goes to a different world and is totally overpowered and draws attention. I do really enjoy the romance aspect to it though, something Slime didn’t have. I also enjoy the political commentary it provides. But I’d be lying if I said it didn’t get stale a lot. It’s missing something or else it’d be wildly successful. For now, it’s just good but not great.
Ao-Chan Can’t Study
This anime sounded to me like it was going to be fringey perverted at first after seeing the concept for it. Surprisingly, it turns out it’s actually a cute story.
All the little misunderstandings are awesome to watch as the characters squirm to get through. And the father of Ao in this anime is underrated. He is really funny with how over the top he is and how small of a person he is as he’s supposed to look out of place. Plus, I really love this anime’s OP, probably my favorite OP of the season.
We Never Learn: Bokuben
Missing The Quintessential Quintuplets anime? Yeah, me too. Bokuben can somewhat fill the void for you.
Bokuben is another tutor harem like QQ, but is has a different focus. This anime is more a typical harem series as opposed to QQ, but it’s not a wishy washy harem still as it is still done well. I love the characters in this series and there are some outrageous moments that keep you laughing for a minute or two.
Senryu Girl
I talked about Senryu Girl in a previous post, and my instincts about it were right. This is something special.
This adorable love story packs a punch on the emotions. The pure adorableness of the whole thing wrapped up in such a chill story that never makes you feel threatened is an amazing change of pace. You can just sit back for 12 minutes a week and know you are getting an episode that is going to make you want to hug something and let the love flow. This anime pulls that emotional impact with how cute it is. This is my favorite anime this season.
So this is what I’m watching this season. It’s always fun to get into new series that you weren’t into before and give some new things a chance. I always wind up finding some series to enjoy on a weekly basis!
No comments:
Post a Comment