Chapter 85 of The Quintessential Quintuplets was an interesting one.
This chapter is basically the other side of chapter 84. This chapter is the events of the last chapter but from the other four quintuplet’s perspective (so my prediction about them all being around despite their groups was right). Though, all they were doing was watching what was transpiring, it was a chapter filled with good stuff.
This chapter was huge for patching things up, mainly between Nino and Ichika, who were at odds recently over the underhanded tactics Ichika pulled. Nino did something kind of bad earlier in the chapter, but it wasn’t really bad but it did cause trouble. This she admitted to immediately and apologized for what she had said to Ichika earlier.
The quintuplets also had a moment where they cleared the air and said the fighting and getting in each other’s way was pointless and that they weren’t enemies. So there was a lot of nice things happening to reset things.
I do have one major issue here though. Everyone else basically apologized to Ichika, but she hasn’t apologized. She acknowledges she should, but she just hasn’t. I really hope she does or else the moving on might feel incomplete. Without the apology, it’s not easy to trust Ichika. I know actions speak louder than words, but it’d be nice to hear her say she’s sorry and acknowledge her wrongdoings too. Everyone else apologizing to her without her apologizing is strange to me.
The other big part of this is now actually seeing confirmation that Ichika is Rena, or at least one of the Rena’s (there’s a good theory about multiple Rena’s that is very believable). I believe it is true that she is one of them, and I think we’ve seen three different Rena’s so far and each time we’ve seen her it’s been a different quintuplet.
This chapter overall seemed like a good wrap up to the Sister’s War arc. I don’t know if the next chapter is in this arc too, but this feels like a wrap up chapter if I’ve ever seen one. It’d be strange to prolong it, though it’s possible if another wedding flash forward is coming.
I predict a school/exam arc is coming up, as is usual. There might be a couple transition chapters before that, but I am intrigued to see the interactions between the quintuplets and Fuutarou in more normal conditions.
I do also think another romantic development is forthcoming. I think Negi is saving Itsuki for last, so perhaps Yotsuba. Though I still don’t know exactly what to think about her romantic involvement in this story. It’s just so up and down with her. Guess we’ll find out soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment