Chapter 87 of The Quintessential Quintuplets began the beginning of a new arc for the manga, and it certainly threw a lot of people off guard.
A lot of people, including myself, were expecting a transition into an exam arc, but we received something totally different. We got what appears to be a flashback arc.
With all the hints we have gotten about Rena and the past of both the quintuplets and Fuutarou, a flashback arc was probably necessary. And perhaps looking back, it coming off the Kyoto arc was a good spot (even though I think it might have fit better before the Kyoto arc).
This chapter has very little to talk about, but this chapter sets up a lot of potential for this arc going forward. I think this arc, while it might not be the best or the one that people want, will answer a lot of questions and will make a lot of things make sense. I think it’ll give us a different glimpse on the events of the present events of the series. I think this arc has potential to change a lot of perspectives for fans.
This chapter further confirmed that Yotsuba was the original quintuplet to meet Fuutarou in the past. I will be interested, however, to see if she was the only quintuplet to encounter Fuutarou in the trip. My guess is no.
There was one more thing I wanted to bring up though. In one of the panels, it showed the quintuplets old house before their mom married what is now the Nakano dad (yes, he’s only their stepdad). The house looked oddly similar to the house the quintuplets moved into after they had a falling out with the dad. You can’t help but wonder if that was an intentional hint. We’ll see later on.
As for predictions, this arc is going to be hard to read. This could turn into a full Yotsuba arc or it could evolve into a full story about multiple quintuplets meeting Fuutarou back then. We simply don’t know yet. We don’t even know if this full arc will be a flashback or not yet either. It’s very hard to predict where this arc is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment