Thursday, February 21, 2019

Top 5 favorite Pokémon

This used to be a Pokémon blog that was dedicated to Pokémon content of all kinds. Well today, I decided to go back to the roots of this blog and discuss some Pokémon. 

One topic that always gets brought up in circles of Pokémon fans is, naturally, people’s favorite Pokémon. Everyone has differing opinions on this, which makes it so fun. So today, I thought it would be a good idea to give my own list of my top 5 favorite Pokémon. 

5: Salemence- Generation 3
With each new generation of Pokémon brings a new OP dragon that usually looks awesome and is also strong in battle to boot. Salemence fits this description perfectly. 

When I laid my eyes on it for the first time as a kid, I knew this was a Pokémon I’d always love. And that has stayed true after all these years. It has an incredible design, in my opinion, and I really enjoy using it in battle. 

My nostalgic love might blind me a bit to its flaws, but I understand it doesn’t look as great design-wise as maybe I thought as a kid. And I don’t really like it’s mega form much either. Regardless, I still love this Pokémon.

4: Sceptile- Generation 3
Honestly, Sceptile is similar to me than what I thought about Salemence. I love this Pokémon and have since I first saw it, but despite this, I get that it has flaws. Sceptile’s mega form is actually worse than Salemence’s though.

But this Pokémon is easily my favorite Hoenn starter Pokémon evolution, and my favorite Hoenn Pokémon in general. It is also my second favorite starter final evolution. I loved battling with it, its design and I loved Ash’s in the anime. 

3: Amaura- Generation 6
I used to not give this Pokémon as much attention as maybe I should have. But now I realize how wrong that was. It wasn’t until I really got huge into XY and the Kalos region, thanks in large part to the anime, that this Pokémon seriously caught my eye. 

It accomplishes being cute in a different way than many other Pokémon that are generally considered cute. Instead of being a furry creature, it is a cute little dinosaur. I couldn’t resist that since I love cute Pokémon and I also love dinosaurs. To see both combined into one Pokémon was too much for me to handle.

Amaura is a gift to the world and must be protected. Its evolved form, Aurorus, I don’t really care for, but Amaura is just a bundle of joy. 

2: Eevee- Generation 1
I love how Amaura accomplishes cute in a different way, but Eevee is the original cute Pokémon and it can’t be denied. 

This Pokémon’s design does a lot right as it draws inspiration off features from all kinds of different animals in the real world, and it just works so perfectly. And it finishes off nicely by being such an adorable thing too. 

I couldn’t tell you how much enjoyment I got out of playing Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee just by seeing my Eevee happy and battling its best. It warmed my heart. Just that part of the game was enough to make me happy, everything else was extra. 

1: Charizard- Generation 1
I can see the eyes rolling now. But let me explain this one.

You see, my love for Charizard will never go away because my first Pokémon ever in a Pokémon game was a charmander that evolved into a Charizard, which I thought was insanely cool at the time. 

I know, that’s the reasoning most people have a favorite Pokémon, but there’s a reason for that. People feel a special connection with their first experiences with something they love, and they tend to attach something to them. For Pokémon fans, that attachment is a Pokémon. And that is why people’s favorite Pokémon a lot of the times are connected to that first experience with Pokémon. And for me, that Pokémon is Charizard. 

Not to mention, I also loved Ash’s Charizard in the anime.


I understand that Charizard is a typical favorite and a Pokémon people are very tired off, and even I’d like to see the use of Charizard for promotions toned down. However, I will always love Charizard and I think it will always be my favorite Pokémon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment