Sunday, April 14, 2019

How a Fuutarou and Nino shipping has become my favorite one of Quintessential Quintuplets

Before I begin: HUGE SPOILER WARNING AHEAD! You’ve been warned! 


I have become the hugest fan of Quintessential Quintuplets over the last few months, as is evident since it seems like every post on here now is discussing something about it. And if you’ve seen my twitter, I’ve talked almost exclusively that for a bit of time now.

Since season 1 of the anime left me wanting more, I decided it was time to pick up the manga and continue the story since there’s no guarantee the anime will ever see another season. 

And the manga is terrific. The series gets so much better after the part where the anime leaves us, which justifies the starvation for wanting more. The big reason for this is because we actually get to see the quintuplets start to figure out their feelings for Fuutarou and even make it known.

The biggest example of this is probably the most shocking: Nino. Yes, Nino. My appreciation for Nino has grown a bunch since I began reading the manga because she is not only handled better as a character in the manga, but seeing her development as the series goes is fantastic to see. 

I have begun to root for her and Fuutarou to be together. That is the ship I have decided to support going forward. 

The reason for this is because I have really enjoyed these two’s little moments they have had in the second part of the manga. From the motorcycle scene when Nino confesses her love originally, to her having to confess again because he didn’t hear it the first time because he was on a motorcycle and wind is a thing, to her giving him a nickname and blowing him a kiss, it’s all cute. And it’s not just Nino pushing these cute moments either. Seeing Fuutarou try to conduct himself when he knows about Nino’s crush on him just shows a different side to him that his character really needed. He is clueless on what to do. Also, seeing him blush around Nino and his reaction to when she blew him a kiss was a sight to behold. 

Besides that, however, there is more reasons I like this ship. The development of it all is a big deal to me. Nino was definitely the last one to accept Fuutarou as a tutor. But yet, here she comes on later and is actually somehow the most upfront with Fuutarou about her love for him and she is the one pushing it the most. Given how they began with not liking each other much, it was a big change and I love to see that. It makes a story like that even more satisfying, and I’m rooting for an even more satisfying conclusion because of it. 

The shock value also comes into play here. You see throughout the series that Nino was always pretty hostile towards Fuutarou and she always puts on that sort of act on around her sisters especially. So, it is strange to see her acting so nice to Fuutarou to that level. 

So if they were to consummate a relationship and were to make it public, it’d be a curveball, not just to us the followers but also to the other characters. They’d never see it coming and it’d be awesome! 

So with the shock value this ship has brung with it combined with the way it developed and just a hint of underdog story concepts, this has become my favorite potential pairing of the series, and I’m gonna root for it to happen (even if I don’t think it will for reasons I mentioned in a previous post). In any case, I’m rooting for Fuutarou x Nino. Got get them, young ones! 


No comments:

Post a Comment