I recently just got into the Quintessential Quintuplets manga after seeing the anime end and wanting more. After intense amounts of catching up, I am finally on pace with everyone else reading.
So I’ve decided to add something new to the blog. A chapter review post. Every week after a new chapter of this manga comes out, I will do a review on it and give my thoughts and opinions on what went down, as well as perhaps some predictions on what’s to come. The first chapter I will be doing is chapter 82, since that’s where we are now. Trying to review chapters 1-81 would be time consuming and I think unnecessary since everyone reading this has likely read the manga and knows what is going on up to this point. Also, I won’t be summarizing the chapter as most people can go read it themselves and probably already have if they are reading this. So let’s get into it.
This chapter as a whole certainly didn’t make anything easier than what it was before. We have even less of a grasp on what will happen next than before.
Th main reason for this is because of the one-on-one “talk” between Nino and Miku (which is one of the best little scenes we’ve had in the manga yet) where Nino transforms into full yandere and tries to break Miku so she has less competition for Fuutarou (this was also the time where Nino officially became my new favorite). But what I also love about it is that the two still know their sisterly bond is important, so they respect each other’s motives and ways of going about it. It’s truly a great moment where a love rivalry is in conflict with a family bond, and I think that’s a conflict that’ll continue to come up.
Another complication here comes from Itsuki. Itsuki, who is obviously Rena, was attempting to get a picture with Fuutarou in the same place where they took “that picture” 5 years prior. She was obviously trying to trigger something in Fuutarou’s memory to maybe get him to realize it was her. Fuutarou begins to think about it, but we are left off there before he gets pulled away.
Another complication in the whole thing with Itsuki is that it looks like Yotsuba is on to her. She even questions Itsuki if she is hiding something from her, but we are left off right there.
The other big thing here is that Ichika continues her underhanded tactics by disguising as Miku again and she pulls Fuutarou away to have a talk with him, presumably to sabotage Miku again. And we are left off there too.
So we are left with three main things to be uncovered here. One is that Miku is not giving up on her love of Fuutarou. Two, Itsuki might be breaking. And three, Ichika is continuing her dirty games.
First, this is an excellent opportunity for character development for Miku. Her saying she’s not giving up while being hounded by Nino is a good step, but she has to put actions to her words, which is something she’s barely done. I’ll be interested to see how this goes, especially since Fuutarou wanted to talk with her about the whole thing.
Secondly, being in Kyoto, where Rena (Itsuki) and Fuutarou first met, combined with all that’s out there about Nino, Ichika and Miku liking Fuutarou, Itsuki is starting to feel the pressure and is breaking. She is very close to losing it. She thinks if Fuutarou realizes the girl from 5 years ago is her, he’ll fall in love with her instead of the others. That’s the trump card she has. But she also knows this is her best chance to make that known. I’m not sure if Fuutarou will realize it on his own, but it should make for some good drama later on.
Then there’s Ichika’s whole thing. She is disguising as Miku for the third time to try to cover her tracks. Fuutarou already knows how Miku feels about him, even before he heard the confession talk. He also knows the person who told him Ichika likes him was not Miku. So I imagine this one won’t fool Fuutarou once they begin talking a bit.
Fuutarou is the kind of guy that would play this thing super straight up and play the fool for a bit even if he knows it’s not Miku. He did it the first time, and he may do it again because that’s how he is. Him being so good at reading both Ichika and Miku should really help him in this regard. I just don’t think he’ll actually be fooled here.
Chapter 83 should have some fireworks. Between the possibility of Ichika being found out, the ongoing battle between Nino and Miku and Itsuki possibly giving in, there could be some grade A drama coming down the line. We’ll see what’s in store for us next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment