Friday, April 26, 2019

Ranking the main characters in Quintessential Quintuplets

I did a post earlier ranking the six main characters in Quintessential Quintuplets. I have decided to scrap that list as it is no longer accurate and things have changed rather drastically since I started reading the manga. So let’s re-do this thing right this time.

6: Itsuki Nakano

The reasoning for Itsuki here is pretty simple. It’s not that I don’t like her, it’s just that her character hasn’t been built up as much as it could be right now. I’m sure there is a reason for that and perhaps that’ll cause her to climb on this list, but as of right now, she is the lowest on this list.

5: Ichika Nakano

Ichika’s stock has really taken a hit for me. I used to admire the way she was and enjoy her character. But recently in the manga, she’s been doing some things that aren’t good and that are very uncharacteristic of her. I don’t really enjoy how she is now. I don’t hate her and I can understand why she’s doing what she’s doing, but I hope she gets out this funk that she is in. I want to see her go back to like she was before. I don’t like the path she is going down. 

4: Miku Nakano


This seems blasphemous if you know the old me. I was all in the Miku train. But I don’t think that way anymore. As much as I like her, I just haven’t seen the character growth from her yet. I’m sure it’s coming to make me look stupid, but to this point she has only had a couple moments of growth. But the rest is just static as a character. I still do enjoy her relatability to me though. 

3: Yotsuba Nakano

Yotsuba is still just a delight when she’s around. That hasn’t changed. She is probably the most consistent character in the series up to this point, and I think that is needed with all that’s been happening. She is the steadying force in a sense. She is awesome!

2: Fuutarou Uesugi

Fuutarou is one of my favorite male characters overall. I really like this guy. His development this series has been great. He still is brash and prefers to study, but he has channeled in soft side and now actually thinks about the life issues that regular high schoolers think about. He’s grown into a dynamic character that is finding himself outside of having his nose in a book. He’s been refreshing as opposed to most main characters in harem series like this. 

1: Nino Nakano

I’m a changed man who has seen the truth I think. It’s crazy how much I used to not like Nino because of how she was portrayed early in the series. But the manga changed me a lot here.

The way she is handled later on in the series really paints a drastically different picture of her character. She exhibits outstanding character growth, and that not only gives me a better appreciation for her now, but it also makes me appreciate how she was early on too. Looking bigger picture, Nino is probably the best handled character in the series up through now. And I have been really enjoying the Nino we see nowadays. I hope it stays. 

As of now, these are the rankings. These will probably change at some point. And if that happens, I’ll make sure to update it accordingly. I’m intrigued to see how these characters get developed even further and see if it can change my mind on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment