Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Quintessential Quintuplets: Chapter 83 review

We left off in chapter 82 with Ichika, disguised as Miku, pulling Fuutarou away to try to cover up her lie from previously as she is in a tough spot here. 

And as I predicted, Fuutarou saw right through this disguise. He quickly knew it was Ichika and figured out the previous encounter was her as well. What I was shocked about is that he actually confronted her about it. I was shocked he didn’t play it straight up like he usually does. 

Things grow even more complicated in this chapter as they approach the final day in Kyoto and each must choose an event to be in. Ichika suggests they all choose a different one and leave it to chance of who will be in Fuutarou’s group (sneaky Ichika already knows which group Fuutarou will be in). And by this point, each sister knows they all pretty much like Fuutarou (still iffy on Yotsuba though). 

This chapter left us with a lot to consider going forward. Firstly, now it is all out there about feelings for Fuutarou, so now an all-out war can ensue. None of these sisters will be giving in easily and they will all be trying extra hard to win Fuutarou over. I question how that’ll change the family dynamic and how that will be balanced out. The love for a guy vs love for family will be an interesting theme going forward. 

Another consideration is that Ichika said she was Rena from back five years ago. Given Ichika’s track record lately, it could be a lie, but we’ll see going forward. It seems obvious that Itsuki is Rena, but it’s possible a curveball is thrown here. I think it’s possible they all claim to be Rena at some point in hopes to win over Fuutarou, even though he says he doesn’t even care about her anymore after previous encounters.

With one last day in Kyoto to come, I think a lot of things come to a head in chapter 84 before we get to an exam arc that may see things get a bit back to normal for a bit (even though normal has left this story long ago). I predict an encounter between Miku and Fuutarou finally happens, which has been long-awaited since what happened two chapters ago. I predict a heavy Miku chapter forthcoming here. She really needs it and it’s been getting set up for awhile now. 

One thing is certain, the last day in Kyoto should be a fun one for us to witness. There should be some quality schemes pulled here for the quintuplets to get close to Fuutarou despite doing a different activity than him. 

NOTE: Negi Haruba, the author of the manga, said there won’t be a chapter next week because of a magazine break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment